Ep.2 Five Areas to focus on to increase happiness
Did you know: there is a field of Psychology that is focused entirely on what’s RIGHT with you?
Watch this to learn the five areas to focus on to increase happiness
According to Paul Wong, who calls Positive Psychology “a quiet positive revolution” the underlying theme of positive psychology is that life can be made better for all people, if certain conditions are met."
The research is growing every day supporting the idea that certain tools, behaviors, and activities can improve our happiness.
1. Positivity- which includes gratitude, optimistic thinking, and a growth mindset
2. Engagement- which includes choice, self-discipline, mindfulness, building on your strengths and the concept of flow or “being in the zone”.
3. Relationships- why they are important and how we can improve them
4. Meaning- where we explore our passion, our purpose and why we are here
5. Achievement- which includes hope, change, goals, and grit
We will explore all of those areas in our happier by the minute videos
What you can do today: just write those 5 words down: Positivity, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning and Achievement- and think about what they mean to you.
How do YOU show up in those areas of your life?
With negativity or positivity? It's time to start paying attention.
See you in a minute,
Stacey Yates Sellar
I have joined the happiness revolution by taking on the wee project of delivering the tips and tools of happiness - curated from the latest research and science- one minute at a time. It's quick, it's free and easy to share. I look forward to hearing your comments and requests. See you in a minute!